How to Use the Power of INTENTIONS to Create a Healthier & Happier You This Year
As we bid farewell to the past and welcome the promise of a new beginning, it’s an opportunity to reflect on (and CELEBRATE!) the areas of our life that went well…and identify which behaviors and mindsets are we’re ready to release? and which behaviors and mindsets we’d like to develop deeper.
Let’s face it, the allure of a new year’s resolution can wear off quickly and we find ourselves slipping back into old habits. That’s why I’d like to propose a different approach this year – one that’s focused on setting intentions rather than rigid resolutions.
As a Health & Wellness Coach I’ve witnessed the power of intention in transforming lives. Intentions are like the roots of a tree, firmly grounding us in our values and aspirations. They provide a sense of purpose, steering us towards small and meaningful actions that align with our overall vision for a healthier and happier life.
So, this New Year, let’s focus on setting intentions that reflect our deepest desires for well-being. Whether it’s nourishing our bodies with wholesome foods, cultivating a consistent fitness routine, wealth building habits, or skills to develop organization and time-management - let our intentions guide us on this journey.
Here are a few tips to help you set meaningful intentions for the year ahead:
Reflect on Your Values: What matters most to you in terms of health and wellness?
• In what ways are you currently demonstrating your values?
• In what ways could your behaviors be contradicting your values?
• What changes (if any) do you want to make moving forward?
2. Start Small: Break down your intentions into manageable, achievable steps. Small victories build momentum and foster a sense of accomplishment.
• what habit are you ready to develop?
• how can you put that into action on a small scale to build upon?
3. Stay Flexible: Life is unpredictable, and circumstances may change. Be open to adjusting your intentions as needed, without judgment.
• Considering your best self, how would you like to react (or pivot) when challenges arise?
4. Build a Support System. Accountability can make a significant difference.
• Share your intentions with friends, family, or a community that encourages and uplifts you.
• Consider working with a Coach to maintain motivation and help keep you accountable.
5. Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness can help you stay present, making it easier to align your actions with your intentions.
• Create a system where you regularly check in with yourself.
So, here’s to a New Year filled with purpose, growth, and a commitment to nurturing our well-being. May your intentions guide you towards a healthier and happier you. Happy New Year!
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”